Very simply… I implement the “No Asshole Rule” here.
To make what I mean by saying that crystal clear, let me spell it out for you…
Disagree all you want. Argue vehemently, even from an extreme perspective that is not representative of the audience on here.
However, expect to be banned, and/or have your comments deleted, if you do anything that I think is detrimental to an open and honest exchange of ideas. This includes, but is not limited to:
– personally attacking people – attack their ideas, actions, etc – not their person
– twisting peoples’ words into something they didn’t say (straw man)
– distracting from the subject at hand to avoid an issue you are unwilling to respond to (red herring)
– obvious lying – I hope I don’t have to explain this one
– thinking it is appropriate to tell people what they should think – stick to voicing your own opinion
– seeming to be purposefully trying to piss people off
– we’re all adults here, and some use of ‘adult language’ is fine, but keep it to a low simmer
I have no tolerance for the kind of crap you normally have to put up with on other political blogs. I love passion, and love disagreement – even the vehement and non-politically correct variety. Just don’t spin, don’t play games, and keep it substantive.
This applies to those who are centrist too, as a handful of people have already found out. I don’t make exceptions for those who agree with me. This has nothing to do with your opinion, it has to do with acting in a way that is conducive to an environment that does not hinder the open and honest exchange of ideas.
This used to be very vague, but I have added more specifics over time, and this evolution will continue.